Contract Compression Field Technician (South Texas)
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, our success is due to the great people that work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Summary: This is a full-time Field Technician position based out of the South Texas Business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of compressor system failures.
- Optimize compression equipment performance.
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed.
- Continually hone and develop skills in line with technological advances of the industry
- Demonstrate and further develop leadership skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member
- Must be capable of working alone when required
- Must be able to travel for short and extended periods
- Present a professional image.
- Must be proficient in compressor and engine maintenance.
- Possess basic knowledge of surface production equipment.
- Must have troubleshooting skills
- Diagnose general electronic control problems.
- Must be able to operate all types of diagnostic tools.
- Must be willing to travel and willing to relocate, if necessary.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must be willing to work unusual hours.
- Must be able to pass all drug-related testing.
- Must be able to meet company lifting standards.
- Must have full set of hand tools as defined by company standards.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good customer-relation skills.
- Must be willing to attend training classes and/or seminars as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Formal vocational training is preferred.
- Caterpillar and Waukesha engine experience
- Ariel, GE, and other gas compressor experience
- Control Panel and I&E experience
- Emissions Controls experience
- Preferably three to five years of compressor maintenance experience.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Ability to write instructions and information on materials.
- Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Often required to lift heavy objects
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Work reasonable lengths of time in hot and cold environments
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
K&R is offering a one-time sign on bonus for qualified candidates. Bonus will be based on experience.
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability and MORE