Controller Job Summary
At K&R Operating our employees are what make the difference. As our industry changes, one thing remains constant: great people make a great company, and our success is due to the great people who work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional, and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Summary: This is a full-time Controller position that reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare timely and accurate quarterly and annual financial statements, internal and external reports, and other discrete reporting as required by financing and partnership agreements.
- Prepare and analyze monthly forecasts, including the evaluation of assumptions, to ensure effective, timely, and actionable financial information.
- Provide high-quality analytics and valuable commentary on actual and forecasted financial information.
- Develop and maintain complex financial models for financings and partnerships, including due diligence support and pro forma development.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analyses, reports, and models as required (scenario/impact analysis on potential transactions and business decisions).
- Prepare presentations for third-party lenders/investors.
- Participate in special projects such as software implementation initiatives and process improvement.
- Perform risk analysis and identify improvement opportunities.
- Integrity – strong ethic to comply with legal, regulatory, and company rules and policies.
- Strong Financial Statement Analysis skills – ability to identify and correct anomalies and summarize findings.
- Experience with month-end close processes.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to lead a system implementation (accounting software, inventory mgmt. software, etc.).
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions, and quickly shift focus in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- A proven ability to support growth and scale the accounting function accordingly.
- Familiarity with working in a Private Equity-backed environment.
- Experience researching, interpreting, and applying accounting rules and policies, specifically in the industrial services industry.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, builds and nurtures cross-functional teams and relationships both locally and across the greater organization, respects others, is tactfully assertive, has a bias for action, and follows through to completion.
- Proactive Problem solver – identifies issues and proposes practical solutions that align with business strategies and financial priorities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 3+ years experience in public accounting.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record.
Logistics and Physical Demands:
- Required to drive distances and fly on occasion.
- Travel up to 25% of the time.
- Location: Flexible.
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry-leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability, and MORE