Genset Field Technician
This is a full-time Power Generator Technician position based out of the Austin area. Responsible for maintaining operational readiness, diagnosing faults, and performing complex and/or major mechanical/electrical repairs on equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain working knowledge of power generation systems and its components, including knowledge of the mechanical operation, associated hazards, and proper usage of the equipment to troubleshoot and accurately diagnose malfunctions.
- Troubleshoot, perform diagnostic testing, load-bank testing, start-ups on generators, and perform preventative maintenance and repairs on generator systems.
- Ability to interpret schematics and operational manuals for practical application on repair and maintenance tasks.
- Prepare accurate quotes for repairs and complete/submit work orders.
- Know and comply with all safety policies, standards, and procedures that apply to your job.
- Use the correct tools and use them safely.
- Immediately report all incidents, near-misses, and unsafe conditions to your supervisor.
- Abide by all policies and procedures established by K&R Operating, LLC.
- Assist with any task required by the direct supervisor.
- Actively participate in all required training and safety meetings.
- Present a professional image.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- An aptitude for mechanical diagnosis and repair.
- Demonstrated experience with repairing equipment.
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to work alone.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Read and follow complex directions in manuals and relay information in reports.
- Proficient in compressor and engine maintenance
- Troubleshooting skills to general electronic and mechanical control problems.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must have a full set of hand tools as defined by company standards.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to attend training classes and/or seminars as required.
- Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Formal vocational training is preferred.
- Ten to Fifteen years of experience
- Diesel and Natural Gas engine-driven generator experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Required to lift heavy objects.
- Spend extended periods of time standing.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry-leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability, and MORE