Lead Shop Technician (Robstown, TX)
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, and our success is due to the great people that work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional, and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Summary: This is a full-time Lead Shop Technician position based out of Robstown, Texas
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Shop Manager and mentorship to Shop Technicians working on a variety of jobs
- Provide technical expertise and leadership performing skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on a wide variety of natural gas engines and compressors
- Coordinate with team members, management, and customers to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Manage multiple projects and communicate deliverables
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of the compressor system and optimize compression equipment performance
- Ensure that you comply with all company and customer policies and procedures
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed and report progress
- Continually hone and develop skills in line with technological advances in the industry
- Able to work in a team environment as a contributing team leader and capable of working alone when required
- Clearly communicate all challenges, failures, and successes.
- Carry yourself in a professional manner in line with the core values of K&R Operating
- Perform skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures
- Demonstrate and further develop leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member
- Present a professional image
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Proficient in compressor and engine maintenance
- Troubleshooting skills to general electronic and mechanical control problems
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Willing to work set hours
- Required to pass all drug-related and background testing
- Must have a full set of hand tools as defined by company standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to attend training classes and/or seminars as required
- Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Formal vocational training is preferred
- Ten to Fifteen years of experience
- Caterpillar and Waukesha engine experience
- Ariel, GE, and other gas compressor experience
- Emissions controls, Control Panel, and I&E experience
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record
- Often required to lift heavy objects
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry-leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability, and MORE.