Material Handler (Midland, Texas)
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, our success is due to the great people that work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Reports to the Supply Chain Supervisor. The Warehouse Position works closely with both shop and field personnel to fill incoming and outgoing orders to ensure products are accurately pulled from stock, labeled, boxed and packaged.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload trucks, inspect material for damage or defects, uncrate and assemble materials if needed
- Prepare shipments and other items to be shipped
- Process basic shipping/receiving/inventory transactions in computer system (training provided)
- Operate material handling equipment including hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, delivery vehicle, etc.
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member
- Must be capable of working alone when required
- Present a professional image.
- Receive material in a timely manner from customers, and outside vendors
- Maintain an accurate inventory.
- Housekeeping to keep the building and property clean and neat.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Parts Department Manager.
- Daily Parts pick-ups at local vendors
- Parts deliveries to customer locations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be able to obtain forklift operator certification
- Maintain good housekeeping in assigned area
- General knowledge of inventory processes including storing, receiving, packaging, preserving, issuing, shipping or transferring and inventory control
- Inventory software experience and computer skills a plus
- Must be able to pass all drug-related testing.
- Must be able to meet company lifting standards.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English. English
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate daily tool
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Often required to lift heavy objects
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability and MORE