Operations and Maintenance Technician
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, our success is due to the great people that work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Reports to the Field Supervisor, the Field Operations Maintenance Technician responds as necessary to provide major/minor maintenance, repairs, and plant duties as required by plant personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and daily operations.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose compressor system failures.
- Optimize compression equipment performance.
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures.
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed.
- Continually hone and develop skills in line with technological advances of the industry.
- Demonstrate and further develop leadership skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member.
- Must be capable of working alone when required.
- Available for callouts weekends and holidays on a rotational basis as needed.
- Must be able to travel for short and extended periods.
- Present a professional image.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be proficient in compressor and engine maintenance.
- Possess basic knowledge of plant and field station operations.
- Possess basic knowledge of surface production equipment.
- Must have troubleshooting skills.
- Diagnose general electronic control problems.
- Ability to trace flow piping in a plant or compressor station environment, including pressurized lines, and oil coolant lines to compressor units.
- Must be able to operate diagnostic tools.
- Must be willing to travel and willing to relocate, if necessary.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must be willing to work unusual hours.
- Must be able to pass all drug-related testing.
- Must be able to meet company lifting standards.
- Must have a full set of hand tools as defined by company standards.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good customer-relation skills.
- Must be willing to attend training classes and/or seminars as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Formal vocational training is preferred.
- Caterpillar and Waukesha engine experience.
- Operations and Maintenance experience.
- Ariel, GE, and other gas compressor experience.
- Control Panel and HMI knowledge.
- Emissions Controls experience
- Preferably three to five years of compressor maintenance experience, or daily operations experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Ability to write instructions and information on materials.
Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Often required to lift heavy objects.
- Spend long periods of time standing.
- Work reasonable lengths of time in hot and cold enviroments.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability and MORE