Parts Purchaser (Midland, Texas)
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, our success is due to the great people that work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Reports to the Supply Chain Supervisor. The Parts Representative/Purchaser is responsible for the procurement of all parts within his/her assigned vendors while maximizing customer service levels. Assists with other projects as needed.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge on supply chain processes, inventory control, procurement and sourcing in the gas compression industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process basic purchasing/receiving/inventory transactions in computer system (training provided)
- Ensure supplier compliance with all company regulations and requirements, including documentation.
- Monitor and review open purchase orders
- Handle purchasing issues.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member
- Must be capable of working alone when required
- Be available for on call rotation
- Present a professional image.
- Maintain strong vendor relations.
- Communicate with and support other departments.
- Be responsible for resource and supply availability and timing.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize tasks.
- Other Duties assign by Parts Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Maintain good housekeeping in assigned area
- Preferred gas compression experience
- Work and time management skills.
- Planning and organizing skills
- General knowledge of purchasing processes including purchase orders, sourcing, issuing, shipping or transfer orders.
- Inventory software experience and computer skills a plus
- Must be able to pass all drug-related testing.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, and co-workers
Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate daily tool proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally
Job Type: Full-time
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability and MORE