Production & Process Services Technician Job Summary
Reports to the Field Supervisor, the Production and Process Service Technician responds as necessary to provide major maintenance and repairs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of production equipment and process system failures.
- Optimize equipment performance.
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed.
- Continually hone and develop skills in line with technological advances of the industry
- Demonstrate and further develop leadership skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member
- Must be capable of working alone when required
- Must be able to travel for short and extended periods
- Present a professional image.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be proficient in production and processing equipment maintenance including, but not limited to: Cleanings; repairs; installation; commissioning; vessel modifications; fluid analysis; pump exchanges; valve building/exchange; instrumentation and controls; facility maintenance.
- Must have extensive knowledge of: Dehydration Systems; Ignition Systems (Profire, Platinum BSL); Heat Tec Heaters; Line Heaters; Flares, BTEX units; Oxidizers; Heater Treaters; Electrostatic Heaters; Amine Plants; Refrigeration Plants; Screw Compressors; Stabilizers; Cryo Units; Safety Systems; Coalescer Vessels and Mole Sieve Dehydration
- Must have troubleshooting skills
- Diagnose general problems.
- Must possess attention to detail
- Must be able to operate all types of diagnostic tools.
- Must be fit for confined space
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must be willing to work unusual hours.
- Must be able to pass all drug-related testing.
- Must be able to meet company lifting standards.
- Must have full set of hand tools as defined by company standards.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good customer-relation skills.
- Must be willing to attend training classes and/or seminars as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Formal vocational training is preferred.
- Production and processing equipment maintenance including, but not limited to: Cleanings; repairs; installation; commissioning; vessel modifications; fluid analysis; pump exchanges; valve building; instrumentation and controls; facility maintenance
- Preferably three to five years of production and processing equipment maintenance experience.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Ability to write instructions and information on materials.
Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Often required to lift heavy objects
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Work reasonable lengths of time in hot and cold environments
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry-leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability and MORE