Shop Technician (West Texas)
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, our success is due to the great people that work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Summary: This is a full time Shop Technician position based out of the Midland, Texas Shop and reports to the shop supervisor position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed
- Continually hone and develop skills in line with technological advances of the industry
- Demonstrate and further develop leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member
- Present a professional image
- Proficient in compressor and engine maintenance
- Trouble shooting skills to general electronic and mechanical control problems
- Must have mechanical aptitude
- Willing to work set hours
- Required to pass all drug-related and background testing
- Must have full set of hand tools as defined by company standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willing to attend training classes and/or seminars as required
- Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Formal vocational training is preferred
- Three to five years of compressor maintenance experience
- Caterpillar and Waukesha engine experience
- Ariel, GE, and other gas compressor experience
- Emissions controls, Control Panel and I&E experience
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluently in English.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record
- Often required to lift heavy objects
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
K&R is offering a one-time sign on bonus for qualified candidates. Bonus will be based on experience.
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability and MORE.