Regional Manager (West Texas)
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, our success is due to the great people who work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional, and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Summary: This is a full-time Regional Manager position based out of our West Texas Service Area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specific guidance and leadership to Lead and Field Technicians working on a variety of jobs
- Fully implements and actively promotes K&R Health, Safety & Environmental standards and policies to promote a safety culture.
- Meet financial objectives and goals, ensuring performance and completion of all service jobs.
- Plans and communicates job scope and expectations to direct reports.
- Communicate with customers and K&R team issues affecting timelines and overall scope of jobs
- Make recommendations for salary increases and promotions, as well as counseling and disciplining employees.
- Recruiting personnel to meet growth objectives
- Enforcing K&R policies and procedures.
- Supply technical support for warranty repairs, developing and implementing new approaches and techniques.
- Ensure invoicing is complete and accurately list parts and labor details
- Cultivate and develop good customer relationships
- Ensure Field Technicians are completing daily tasks including all necessary reports
- Provide onsite leadership performing skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on a wide variety of natural gas engines and compressors
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of compressor system failures and optimize compression equipment performance
- Continually hone and develop skills in line with technological advances of the industry
- Able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member and capable of working alone when required
- Always present a professional image when representing K&R
- Advanced proficiency in compressor and engine maintenance.
- Possess intermediate knowledge of surface production equipment.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for general electronic and mechanical control problems.
- Possess exemplary leadership skills to guide employees in the field
- Operate and provide training to Field Technicians on all types of diagnostic tools
- Willing to travel for short and extended periods of time.
- Required to pass all drug-related and background testing.
- Attend training and leadership classes and/or seminars as required.
- Should have proficient computer skills in MS Excel, and Word and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
- Able to work in a fast-paced general environment with a high degree of time management
- Must be able to work under pressure
Education and/or Experience:
- A High School Diploma or GED is required
- Industry experience of ten or more years related experience is required
- Training or equivalent combination of a degree and experience is optional
- Extensive knowledge of the different makes and models of natural gas engines and compressors as well as process equipment
- A college degree is not required but is appreciated in consideration
- Required to read, write, type, and speak fluently in English
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record
- Factory-certified training relating to the natural gas compression industry
- Management and leadership training
- Must live in the Midland/Odessa Area OR be willing to relocate to the Midland/Odessa Area
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Work reasonable lengths of time in hot and cold environments
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry-leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability, and MORE