Generator Shop Technician (STX)
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, our success is due to the great people that work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional, and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Summary: This is a full-time Natural Gas/Diesel Generator Shop Technician position based out of the Robstown, Texas Business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Perform skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on a wide variety of natural gas engines and generators
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of generator system failures and optimize generator equipment performance
- Load bank generators as needed
- Comply with all company and customer policies and procedures
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed
- Continually hone and develop skills in line with technological advances in the industry
- Able to work in a team environment as a contributing team member and capable of working alone when required
- Present a professional image
- Proficient in generator and engine maintenance
- Troubleshooting skills to general electronic and mechanical control problems
- Be able to operate all types of diagnostic tools and have a full set of hand tools as defined by company standards
- Able to make sound recommendations to customers on generator and engine maintenance
- Good customer-relation skills
- Attend training classes and/or seminars as required.
- Should have general computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Formal vocational training preferred
- Three to five years of engine and generator maintenance experience
- Electrical experience
- Load Bank Experience
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as well as maintain an acceptable driving record
- Often required to lift heavy objects
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Work reasonable lengths of time in hot and cold environments
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry-leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability, and MORE