Technical Field Services Lead Field Tech
At K&R Operating our employees are what makes the difference. As our industry changes one thing remains constant, great people make a great company, our success is due to the great people that work here. K&R Operating is staffed with certified, professional and experienced full-service personnel capable of handling all equipment needs. Our technicians specialize in all makes and models of engines and compressors. Join us and be a part of the new standard!
Summary: This is a full-time Lead Field Technical Services position reporting to the VP of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to Area Managers and mentorship to Field Technicians working on a variety of jobs
- Provide onsite technical expertise and leadership performing skilled tasks including all levels of maintenance, repairs, and overhauls on a wide variety of natural gas engine and compressors
- Coordinate with team members, management, and customers to ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose all levels of compressor system failures and optimize compression equipment performance
- Ensure that you comply with all company and customer policies and procedures
- Complete appropriate paperwork as directed and report progress of projects to VP of Operations
- Continually hone and develop skills in line with technological advances of the industry
- Able to work in a team environment as a contributing team leader and capable of working alone when required
- Clearly communicate all challenges, failures, and successes.
- Carry yourself in a professional manner in line with the core values of K&R Operating
- Strong decision making and communication skills
- Proficient in diagnosing and completing failure analysis
- Adaptability to new technology
- Must be proficient with current industry standards for commissioning and installation of various compression and power generation equipment
- Advanced proficiency in natural gas compressor and engine maintenance.
- Possess strong working knowledge of surface production equipment.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills to general electronic and mechanical control problems.
- Possess the strong skills to lead employees in the field
- Operate and provide training to Field Technicians on all types of diagnostic tools and have a full set of hand tools as defined by company standards.
- Willing to travel 75% of the time and for extended periods of time.
- Required to pass all drug-related and background testing.
- Superior customer-relation skills.
- Attend training and leadership classes and/or seminars as required.
- Should have strong computer skills and be capable of utilizing the computer as an appropriate diagnostic tool.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Formal vocational training preferred
- 15+ years of engine and compressor maintenance experience preferred
- Advanced Emissions controls, Control Panel and I&E experience
- Advanced Caterpillar, Waukesha and other natural gas engine experience
- Advanced Ariel, GE and other natural gas compressor experience
- Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to maintain an acceptable driving record
- Industry OEM Training and Certificates strongly preferred
- Often required to lift heavy objects
- Spend long periods of time standing
- Work reasonable lengths of time in hot and cold environments
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
FREE medical and vision coverage for all K&R employees, industry leading medical coverage for dependents, 401k with company match, dental coverage, short-term and long-term disability and MORE